The American Cement Headquarters building at 2404 Wilshire Blvd., across from MacArthur Park in the Westlake neighborhood of Los Angeles. Built in the 1880s, Westlake Park was renamed in 1942 after General Douglas MacArthur. The lake in the center of the park is fed by natural springs and was used as a drinking water reservoir before the city installed a pressurized pipe system.
The 13-story reinforced concrete building was completed in 1964. The word “Lofts” was added in 2002, when the building was converted to live-work spaces.
Copyright © 2014 Andrea Reider. All rights reserved.